I hope you’ve had an amazing Holiday and a great year! If things didn’t go quite the way you wanted it to the good news is…You’ve been blessed with another chance to get it right!
Let’s step it up and make some changes together. Let’s create some cool new memories that we can be proud of! I’m not going to lie to you though. It’s going to be a scary ride. CHANGE IS scary on all levels. BUT…if we put our BIG girl panties on and brave the storm the rewards are great!
Dare to do something different this year! Dare to step outside of the box and take a risk. If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always got and I want more. Don’t you?
Life has purpose if you give it meaning and if you give it meaning you may in fact find your purpose here on planet earth. I found mine. You can too if you…
Create the magic you want to see in your life by rejecting the word “NO.”
Believe you are capable of achieving that dream in your head
Keep the faith and remember that faith without works is always dead.
Are you ready to take this ride with me into 2017?I AM STOKED BABY!
We all want to stay young, but no matter what we do there’s no way to slow down time and turn back the clocks. However, while there are plenty of products out there that promise to keep you looking young, did you know that being youthful is much more than just having fewer wrinkles?
Youth can be a mindset, and if you’re willing to shift your perspective then it’s possible to start enjoying a younger, more youthful life. Here are some tips:
• Try to stay positive. Youths have a more optimistic outlook. Always look on the bright side of situations – it can help you in numerous ways.
• Find what you love. Maybe it’s one hobby, and maybe it’s a dozen. No matter what it is, find what you love and do it. Being happy is important, and this single step can help in a significant way.
• Live in the moment. Sure, planning ahead is important. But as some people age, they spend more time worrying about their future or feeling melancholy for the past. Live in the present whenever possible. Learn from mistakes, plan for the future, but never let either of them dominate your days.
Youth can truly be a state of mind, and if you take the time to change the way you think about life and your place in it, you’ll start feeling younger before you know it!
What are you doing to stay youthful? Be sure to let me know!
As we all know, stress can be seriously dangerous for our mental and physical health. From increased risk of heart attack to depression, stress can play a major role in our wellbeing. And the holiday season can be the most stressful.
While I know that it can be difficult to entirely eliminate stress, it is possible to reduce it to a more manageable level. Here are some tips worth remembering.
• Shop Early – Getting your holiday shopping done as soon as possible is a great way to avoid the stress that comes from last minute shopping and dealing with crowds.
• Go Online – Believe it or not, Black Friday has become more hype than anything else. You can get deals just as good online, without having to wait in the cold for stores to open. Shop smart and you’ll avoid stress significantly.
• Be With Friends – The holidays are about being with those you love. Spend time with friends and family instead of spending all of your time with those who don’t truly care about you. It will help your mental health in a big way.
• Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff – When something comes up, take a second to think about it before you let your emotions get the best of you. Is it really something that’s worth being stressed about and worrying with? If not, try to move past it quickly.
• Learn to Relax – Whether it’s meditation for a half hour a day or just relaxing with a good book, give yourself a few minutes each day to recharge the mind, body, and spirit. Relaxation can help de-stress you in a significant way.
These are just a few simple tips for keeping stress levels down this holiday season, but they’re sure to help make the holidays more enjoyable for you.
How do you plan to destress this holiday season? Let me know here!
I hope you’re starting to realize your true potential and capture your physical and mental wellness goals. But while it should be common knowledge, I’m constantly surprised at just how many people don’t fully understand that eating a healthy diet and exercising properly are the two fundamentals to better health.
If you’re not convinced, it’s time to take a quick look at just why a good diet and exercise are the two most important lifestyle changes you need to focus your attention on today. Look at some of the reasons this is true:
• A healthy diet removes sugars and artificial preservatives from your diet. These can have a huge impact on everything from weight gain to blood pressure.
• Good nutritional plans with lots of leafy greens and fruits can provide a big boost to antioxidant levels. This can help fight the signs of aging, ward off free radical damage, and help improve your immune system.
• A healthy diet provides an increase in energy levels as well as improving mood. You’ll feel better physically and mentally.
• Regular exercise helps improve mood as well, by encouraging the brain to produce more of the hormones that regulate happiness.
• You’ll experience increased energy thanks to regular exercise as well. Staying active helps you keep moving throughout the day.
• Exercise fights against obesity, and also helps prevent numerous health problems ranging from cardiovascular disease to arthritis.
The bottom line is simple – staying active and eating a healthy diet both lay the foundation for a healthier, happier you. If you’re taking steps towards living better and feeling better, paying attention to your nutritional plan and your exercise regimen are the first things to look at.
Start here, and set realistic goals for yourself. From there, you’ll see results start gradually appearing. I’ll be in touch soon with more advice on improving your life, but for now be sure to pay attention to these two incredibly important things.
Like it or not, we live in a world where looks really can play a big role in our lives. And one of the most important things for anyone is to feel like they still ‘have it’, no matter what their age is. Feeling sexy after 40 can help you feel happier and more satisfied with yourself, give you the confidence you need, and much more.
But how do you go about doing it? In a society that seems to worship youth, it may seem difficult. But as I’ve seen first-hand, the power and ability to really feel sexy no matter your age lies within yourself. Here are some tips that can help make it easier to do.
• Dress the Part – You don’t need to slide into a pair of daisy duke shorts or wear a top with a v-cut that goes down to your navel. Find clothes that compliment your looks without revealing too much. There’s more to being sexy than showing off all the skin you can.
• Play to your Strengths – Know what parts of your body really stand out as being the sexiest, and dress so that you play up those parts.
• Eat Right – Not only will eating a healthy diet help you feel better, but it can also provide antioxidants that reduce the signs of aging.
• Tone! – Exercise not only reduces the chance of developing various illnesses, but can help you look better too. The right workouts will tone abs, firm up buttocks, and help you feel more confident in the process.
• Be Yourself – Sexy goes beyond looks. Don’t forget your personality and to let it shine. From your sense of humor to your intelligence, be sure to embrace all of you. It will make a big difference.
Find your inner confidence and grab onto it. Doing so will help you feel sexy no matter your age!
Today’s women are breaking free of old stigmas and finding their inner power in a big way, and the upcoming Awakened Woman Conference is sure to help prepare women to become true leaders in business and in life as a whole. If you’re interested in being part of a global shift that is awakening the feminine to their divine nature, I invite you to join me VIRTUALLY.
Taking place in beautiful Bali, the conference is designed to help unite women in sisterhood to help find inner power and to help support each other and build up women around the world. Finding out more about what true feminine leadership is important, and this conference is sure to help make it easier.
But what about those who can’t fit a trip to Bali into their schedule? There are options, and the new digital ticket option makes it easy to attend virtually. The process is simple – purchase the live digital ticket and you have access to 7 days’ worth of live content including:
• 17 featured experts • 24 featured speakers • 7 different topics – one for each day • And more
And since you’ll still be in the middle of a busy day, the digital ticket lets you watch, re-watch, pause, rewind, and more. Your digital ticket gives you an all access pass to everything the conference has to offer, whenever it fits into your day.
As a woman, you deserve to find your inner strength and thrive in the world today. The Awakened Woman Conference is designed to help make that happen, and with the digital live ticket you don’t have to let travel issues stand in your way. See you there!
Will you be joining me in Bali or watching live from home? Let me know what you are looking forward to the most?
Is your daily schedule so busy that you can never find the time to exercise? Well there are no excuses! Here are a few easy workouts that you can do at work that will get you up and moving around.
By now you know that fitness matters in a big way, and that I take a lot of pride in helping you achieve your goals. One of the biggest challenges I keep hearing about from clients is that they’re too busy to workout. I can understand the sentiment – there really never seems to be enough hours in the day, after all.
But the fact is that there are plenty of exercises out there you can do while working. Whether you take a quick 5-minute break to sneak something in, or exercise while working, multitasking to fit your workout into the workday is incredibly important – and easier than you think. Let’s look at some easy ways to exercise at work:
• Sneak in exercise! stop taking the elevator and start taking the stairs, and park a bit further away from work than you normally would. This can sneak in a little cardio each day.
• Tap those toes while you’re at your desk! Just raising and lowering your legs speedily while you’re typing at a desk can give you some lower body exercise and even a bit of cardio.
• Stop dialing extensions and actually go visit the person you need to talk to. A walk through the cubicles each day several times can help you in a big way.
• Finally, take a five-minute break and jog in place, squeeze in some push-ups, or something similar. It’s easy to do.
The reality is that if you’re ready to get in shape for real, you’ll find a way to fit it into your day.
It’s never too late to get up and get active – after all, age isn’t what makes you “old.” A lack of activity and adventure does that! As for me and my daddy, we just party like nobody’s watching, just like we did at the courtyard at Hollywood Boulevard and Highland this summer! It was his first visit out – at 91 years young this year! He’s been a musician all my life, and he was sooo happy to be in the mix again. He was up dancing and everything! Can you tell I’m a daddy’s girl?
Daddy (91 yrs young) in Hollywood; Daddy at 32 yrs old (Top & Middle) & his band; DADDY DOES THE PARTY DANCE –> SEE VIDEO BELOW
You may be wondering – Up dancing at 91 years old?! How? Well, the reason why he doesn’t need care and can still dance so well at 91 is this – he’s been following my advice. He stays active both physically and mentally by taking walks every day, and doing things like crossword puzzles to keep his mind sharp. He also keeps up with current events; he knows what’s going on in the world, and stays connected by e-mailing, using social media – even texting! Yep, he’s learned very well from me. Don’t tell him I told you, though; he still thinks he’s in charge. 😉 All in all, he’s a great example of what you can achieve too!
The point of the matter is this: You can’t enjoy wealth unless you have health first. When pain is absent from the body, clarity of the mind is present, and with clarity of the mind, creativity becomes rampant. And with creativity, you will always find more ways to be healthy, happy, wealthy, fit, and spiritually full of life. When you take charge of your life and your health, you will always find ways to reach your goals, dreams, and desires.
When you take charge of your life and your health, you can rule the world!
Have you been watching the Olympics this year? If you have, I’m sure you’ve been applauding your favorite Olympian through their fight for the win, as they push themselves beyond their physical and mental boundaries to become the best and achieve greatness!
Did you also know, however, that you can achieve this same greatness? Have you ever envisioned yourself as one of them, competing alongside your favorite great Olympians, from Simone Biles to Usain Bolt, and all those in between? I know I have. These dedicated people really make you realize that anything and everything is possible – with positive life changes and the drive to be the best, there are no limits to what you can do! It doesn’t have to be the Olympics; whether it’s achieving optimal health, your dream body, or finding love, anything is possible if you want it badly enough.
I know a lot of you are probably thinking that healthy change is hard – but it doesn’t have to be! The smallest changes can make the biggest difference, and if you envision your goals, I know you have what it takes! Walking a little each day, practicing relaxation techniques, making sure you’re getting enough sleep, and eating a healthy, nutritional variety of foods are all small changes you can make today to make way for a healthier, happier you!
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to stop dreaming about it, and actually become it! All you have to do is stand tall in your power to change, and recognize the unique greatness in YOU! You, too, are an Olympian in your own way, and you will only realize it by taking the bull by the horns and stand up! It’s now or never, baby – Stand up. Stand strong. Go for the Gold by empowering yourself right now with the tools and the people who can help take you to the top!
Most people think once they have hit a certain age, you no longer need to exercise. This absolutely is not true! Not only will working out make you feel better and give you more energy but it will also help prolong your life!
I’ve noticed over the years that as people age, they seem to want to work out less and less. Either they feel tired, or assume that they don’t have the capabilities that they once did.
But the reality is that you should never let growing older keep you on the couch. In fact, it’s more important than ever that you get regular exercise as you age. In fact, the CDC recommends at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise each week for those over 65.
The good news is that you can break that down however you like – 15 minutes here, a half-hour there. And with plenty of different activities to choose from like walking, swimming, and more, you have a wide range of ways that you can exercise. When all else fails I say put on your favorite song and just dance baby all night long!
You may think just beacuse you are always traveling that you don’t have time for exercise or have the time to eat healthy. That is where you are wrong! Here are my tips for staying healthy even while you are on the road.
Today, I wanted to take a minute to talk to the traveling professionals out there. I know firsthand that when you’re constantly on the road, it can be hard to keep your fitness where it should be. Not only is it harder to maintain a good diet, but also exercise can be difficult to fit into a busy schedule when you’re on the road.
But it is possible, and even simple if you remember a few basic things. Let me take a second to give you a handful of tips that can help:
• Stay in hotels with a gym or workout room. Just being able to jump on a treadmill for 20 minutes can be a big benefit for your fitness regimen.
• No gym? No problem. You can still do some basic cardio workouts without having a gym. Take a few key exercises like jumping jacks, in-place jogging, crunches, push-ups, and more and create a ‘travel friendly’ workout routine you can do right in your hotel room.
• Always find ways to get active. If your meeting is a few blocks from the hotel, can you walk instead of taking a taxi? What about using the stairs instead of the elevator? Find the right way to get active, even if it’s not a full blown workout.
I know it’s tough to stay active, but you can exercise even if you’re on the road constantly. You just have to put your body and mind to it that’s all. After a while it will be as easy as pie. 🙂
Happy travels and talk to you soon!
Do you have any creative ways to get your workout in while traveling? Let me know by leaving me a comment!
Just because you are a busy mom, doesn’t mean you can’t make time for yourself. Remember staying active and healthy isn’t only good for you but it is good for your children in the long run.
I want to acknowledge the modern moms. These moms are heroes to put it simply and they have a lot of different things to manage throughout their day.
During the whirlwind of activity, however, it can be difficult to focus on getting fit, losing weight or keeping yourself all put together. It’s very possible to do if you put your mind to it though. Consider some of these tips that can assist you in the process:
• Find the time! If the baby is taking a nap, it’s a perfect time for a quick yoga session or a few minutes on the exercise bike. You just need to give yourself the tools to workout, and remember that you only need 20 minutes or so a day to devote to exercise.
• Be sure to focus on your diet. It can be easy to lose sight of your goals and resort to unhealthy meals or snacks, but things like eating plenty of veggies and fruits for snacks and pre-making a week’s worth of meals can simplify things.
• Remember that lots of things during your day can help you lose weight. Whether it’s parking further away from the store or taking the stairs, identifying little steps that can contribute to your overall fitness is important.
Simply put, busy moms have a lot to manage. But that doesn’t mean that you have to give up on your fitness and wellbeing goals.
Try these simple tips, and watch what happens. You will feel better, sleep better and handle your day better and guess what?!…baby will love you for it! 🙂
Talk to you soon!
Moms, what do you do to stay active? Leave me a comment.