So many women write me about how tired they are and they tell me their lack of energy stops them from working out, doing things they enjoy or just being there for their kids or grandkids.
That always takes me back in time to when I was in the same boat and I’m reminded of how I missed out on so much as a result. In those days I thought my always being tired was going to last the rest of my life but I’m proud to say that it didn’t last forever!
I found many little secrets to fix that problem. in fact, my energy made a 360 degree turn simply because I made the choice to make some really important changes in my life.
One of the choices I made was to change how I eat. We all have our favorite foods and I love to focus on food that’s not only healthy and tasty but foods that also give me energy! Never forget that eating nutritious foods is all part of staying fit, fabulous, and active. The energy boost will get you through your whole day and allow you to exercise, run errands, keep up with family projects, build big business and innovative ideas without feeling super tired and weary.
Some of my ultimate fave foods that will contribute to an energetic you are:
1. Avocados – Putting avocados in everything is more than just hype. It is very delicious, and of course, packed with fiber and nutrients that help you sustain your energy levels. Avocados are definitely worth the hype it’s getting.
2. Dried Fruits – What I love about dried fruits is that they are the perfect energy booster! Yes, they can give you that extra push you need to keep moving. Because of that, they are the perfect quick and casual snack for people who are always on the go like me! You can get the energy you need without much preparation.
3. Sweet Potatoes – If you want an instant energy boost, go grab a sweet potato. They contain everything your body needs to produce energy continuously, like iron, Vitamin C, and other nutrients.
4. Spinach – There’s a very good reason why Popeye the Sailor Man eats spinach to power up. It’s because it DOES power you up! After you spend lots of energy exercising or doing other tasks, a serving of spinach will surely get you back on your feet.
5. Oats – I can confidently say that oats are everyone’s all-time favorite. Luckily, it is also an incredible energy booster. It has a lot of nutrients that could produce and keep your energy levels high. The best part is that oats are very versatile and you can enjoy them in almost any way you want!
Add some sesame seeds to your oatmeal and other meals if you can because they are another energy booster. They may be tiny, but they pack a lot of energy! Sesame seeds contain magnesium that helps turn sugars into energy.
If you want more energy to get you through your day without the drag, consider reading my book “UnBreak Me”. I introduce so many of my personal secrets that not only increase your energy but will change your mindset to how much more is possible. I promise…you won’t be disappointed, and you may end up finding some new favorites.