by callkayla | Sep 11, 2015 | Blog, Wendy Ida
I got a question for you. Have you been satisfied with how things are going in your life? How about your state of health – satisfied? What’s your energy level like — low, medium or non-existent? Last question – Are you experiencing pain somewhere in your body that you have been living with that sometimes makes your attitude stink or sends you into a depressed state?
Well I want you to know that life doesn’t have to stay that way. There are alternatives. You DO have options…and plenty of them. YOU CAN TAKE BACK YOUR LIFE RIGHT NOW! BUT the first thing you have to decide is…HOW BAD YOU WANT IT?
If you have decided that you want it bad…I mean REALLY BAD… and you have put it at the top of your priority list, but you still don’t know how to get started back up again or you lack the motivation to do so, contact me so I can share some tools with you that will have you back up on your feet again and smiling from ear to ear!
I’ve been there and done that so I understand how it feels to be stuck. And I just want to show you how to move onward and upward with a few easy tricks I have up my sleeve. I want to show you how, regardless of age or what your past looks like, your life can be better.
Now I won’t lie and say it’s always easy, or things will change for you overnight. But…what I am saying is IT’S TOTALLY POSSIBLE with the adjustments I will show you that will make all the difference in the world. They have worked for me and I know they can work for you too!
Soooo…you have NO EXCUSES!
NOT AGE, NOT THE PAST, NOT NOTHING! YOU CAN DO IT!
Book a consultation with me today!
Send an email to – email@example.com
by callkayla | Jul 10, 2015 | Blog, Wendy Ida
The average American still lives a very sedentary lifestyle
Image Source: © Iain Boltin via DeathToTheStockPhoto.com
Whether you are over 40 or under, on average you are bound to put on the pounds due to the overabundance of processed foods and fast foods that make it easy for most people to gain weight these days. Unhealthy food choices and lack of exercise further complicate the process. After 40 many other things (such as hormones, etc.) unique to the aging process contribute to weight gain and is the root cause of most women’s frustration about the weight loss process.
The average American still lives a very sedentary lifestyle and as a result carries around poor body image and low self-esteem because of it. Gaining weight is a process that happens over a gradual amount of time so it is no secret that it takes time to lose it as well.
Understanding the process is important for your success. Understanding how to begin your journey is also important. So let me help you with that. Keep in mind however, that since everyone has a different lifestyle and body makeup, you may need to know more specific information as time goes on to help you progress to the next level.
Wendy’s Fit Fax Tips!
If you are looking to make a long-term change in your life I recommend that you begin your journey with these five basic guidelines to get on the right track.
- Start out slowly and introduce one healthy habit into your life at a time
- Prepare sound nutrition for your body type – Seek a professional for guidance
- Participate in fun activity daily
- A reasonable approach seeks to lose a steady amount of weight over a gradual amount of time. In this way the body is able to maintain health and slowly use its stored fuel without feeling like it is being starved.
- Be kind to your body by staying proactive with health issues
* Don’t forget to see your doctor yearly and before beginning any exercise program
* And Remember slow steady progress is the way to permanent weight loss and a healthy body.
Do you have a weight loss story? If so, I want to hear about it!
by callkayla | Jan 18, 2012 | Blog
Even without being a doctor or health industry professional, it’s not hard to understand the relationship between overeating and health disorders. It’s easy to look around during your day and find evidence of the nation’s growing obesity epidemic to understand what happens when you over consume in general. On a smaller scale we wonder about the over consumption of just certain kinds of foods? What happens when you overdo it with sweets?
- Sugar: There are all kinds of health issues related to over consumption of sugar. Diabetes would be the number one health concern. But, diabetes is not the only ill effect from over consumption of sugar. Obesity, thyroid dysfunction, kidney malfunction, and intestinal problems can all be directly associated with too much sugar consumption.
- Alcohol: What about too much alcohol? The ravaging effects of alcoholism are a continual struggle and medical expense to many companies and citizens in this country, and indeed the whole world. Lost youth, liver problems, brain deterioration, the speeding of other age-related diseases are all side affects of too much alcohol consumption.
- Malnutrition: Then, we can talk about the effects of eating too little. What happens when we do not consume what we need to maintain our health? Gum disease, heart disease, muscle deterioration, vision loss, and anorexia occur when we do not get the necessary food our body needs.
To remedy the imbalances in our nutrition, you can take supplements. Even when we can’t consume enough actual food, we can supplement the vitamins and minerals our bodies need in order to maintain some healthy functioning. You have only to walk down the aisle at your local supermarket or pharmacy to discover that there has been a vitamin revolution. Every possible vitamin and mineral needed by the body is available in capsule, pill, tablet, or powder form.
Once your body has reached the point of unhealthy function, or you have placed such a strain on your body from over consumption that one of the related diseases has taken hold, it’s almost impossible to correct one problem without creating another. Once you have become a diabetic, there are so many complications, that simply choosing to diet and exercise is no longer an option. The health concerns you now have far outweigh the easy solution of diet and exercise. Can you begin to see how important maintaining your health is to your quality of life and how important it is to the lives of your loved ones? Your choices directly affect their quality of life too. Make every effort to maintain your health. You owe it to your children and other family and especially yourself.
by callkayla | Oct 17, 2011 | Blog
Remember to give your body time to kick in and get used to the new habits you’ve learned. You don’t have to do them all. Just choose the one that works best for you and your life style. Most of all don’t destroy your body by starving, overeating or giving up on food that helps you stay fit and healthy.
Eating the right components: During the day it’s important to eat the right combination of foods with each meal to ward off hunger before bedtime. Try to have a protein, carbohydrate and a good fat with each meal. Studies have shown that making protein and fiber a regular part of your diet helps you in keeping the hunger at bay.
Chew Gum: Chewing gum can help you suppress your craving for late night eating. It distracts you so you don’t feel bored. Its low in calories, gives you something to do with your mouth and it satisfies your need for snacking. How cool is that! .
Go to Sleep: Either find some work you could be doing or when all else fails drink some water and go to sleep. That way you don’t have to think about the fact that you may be hungry.
by callkayla | Oct 11, 2011 | Blog
Do you feel the urge to reach for things in the refrigerator when it gets dark? Even though you’ve had a fulfilling dinner but still you can’t resist the temptation of eating late at night. It’s one of the worst dilemmas which diet conscious individuals face. Eating late at night is generally not due to hunger, but instead it could be due to things like boredom, fatigue or stress after a long day at work. Breaking this habit is tough enough but there are some things you can do that will help you rid yourself of late night eating forever.
Distract yourself: Usually late night eating is between your dinner and bed time. It’s really important during this time that you participate in what I call distracting activities. Do some activity, take your dog for a walk, read a good book or rest in a hot tub. Whatever you do just don’t sit idle or in front of the TV. Because sitting and doing nothing will trigger your urge for eating.
Eat Regular Meals: Most dieters eat three meals a day and try to resist the temptation of snacking between meals or after dinner. To keep your body working properly and remain satisfied eat three nutritiously balanced meals and two small snacks. In general people starve themselves by skipping meals because they got busy during the day or just got caught up for one reason or another. Then they compensate for it by indulging in late night eating. The important thing to remember is never to eat three hours before your bedtime.
by callkayla | Mar 25, 2010 | Diet/Healthy Eating, Fitness Tips
The vast majority of us that need to lose a little bit of weight would like to be able to lose it quickly. There are some dangers of fast weight loss, however, that need to be addressed whenever we decide to drop the pounds in this way. The unfortunate thing is, the temptation still exists and it is often prompted even further by those that are selling us the weight-loss products. Here are some of the dangers and why you should avoid losing weight quickly.
- First of all, fast weight loss often results in a rebound of weight gain. This is because we are not teaching ourselves healthy eating habits whenever we are losing weight quickly, and we are perhaps putting ourselves on a regime that is unsustainable.
- Fast weight loss also tends to take its toll on other parts of the body as well, such as the hair, skin and many of the internal organs. This could lead to further difficulties after the weight-loss has subsided.
- One of the other dangers of fast weight loss is that if you are losing a lot of weight, your skin may not be able to keep up with the weight-loss. This is often one of the biggest cosmetic issues with individuals who lose weight, and in many cases it is avoidable.
- Losing more than two pounds a week is generally not recommended and can be hazardous to your health unless you are under the direct guidance of a doctor.
- When you lose weight fast don’t be duped in thinking its all body fat. On the contrary, you are losing precious muscle and other bodily fluids. And trust me you do not want to lose muscle. It is what gobbles up the fat and keeps you going among other things. TV shows like “Big Loser” give many a false sense of reality.
Although it does take a bit more patience, you can avoid the dangers of fast weight loss by eating a healthy diet which maintains a calorie deficit and getting a reasonable amount of exercise. Although it may not be as exciting as losing weight quickly, it is something that can stick with you for the rest of your life.