The vast majority of us that need to lose a little bit of weight would like to be able to lose it quickly. There are some dangers of fast weight loss, however, that need to be addressed whenever we decide to drop the pounds in this way. The unfortunate thing is, the temptation still exists and it is often prompted even further by those that are selling us the weight-loss products. Here are some of the dangers and why you should avoid losing weight quickly.
- First of all, fast weight loss often results in a rebound of weight gain. This is because we are not teaching ourselves healthy eating habits whenever we are losing weight quickly, and we are perhaps putting ourselves on a regime that is unsustainable.
- Fast weight loss also tends to take its toll on other parts of the body as well, such as the hair, skin and many of the internal organs. This could lead to further difficulties after the weight-loss has subsided.
- One of the other dangers of fast weight loss is that if you are losing a lot of weight, your skin may not be able to keep up with the weight-loss. This is often one of the biggest cosmetic issues with individuals who lose weight, and in many cases it is avoidable.
- Losing more than two pounds a week is generally not recommended and can be hazardous to your health unless you are under the direct guidance of a doctor.
- When you lose weight fast don’t be duped in thinking its all body fat. On the contrary, you are losing precious muscle and other bodily fluids. And trust me you do not want to lose muscle. It is what gobbles up the fat and keeps you going among other things. TV shows like “Big Loser” give many a false sense of reality.
Although it does take a bit more patience, you can avoid the dangers of fast weight loss by eating a healthy diet which maintains a calorie deficit and getting a reasonable amount of exercise. Although it may not be as exciting as losing weight quickly, it is something that can stick with you for the rest of your life.