Whether you are over 40 or under, on average you are bound to put on the pounds due to the overabundance of processed foods and fast foods that make it easy for most people to gain weight these days. Unhealthy food choices and lack of exercise further complicate the process. After 40 many other things (such as hormones, etc.) unique to the aging process contribute to weight gain and is the root cause of most women’s frustration about the weight loss process.
The average American still lives a very sedentary lifestyle and as a result carries around poor body image and low self-esteem because of it. Gaining weight is a process that happens over a gradual amount of time so it is no secret that it takes time to lose it as well.
Understanding the process is important for your success. Understanding how to begin your journey is also important. So let me help you with that. Keep in mind however, that since everyone has a different lifestyle and body makeup, you may need to know more specific information as time goes on to help you progress to the next level.
Wendy’s Fit Fax Tips!
If you are looking to make a long-term change in your life I recommend that you begin your journey with these five basic guidelines to get on the right track.
- Start out slowly and introduce one healthy habit into your life at a time
- Prepare sound nutrition for your body type – Seek a professional for guidance
- Participate in fun activity daily
- A reasonable approach seeks to lose a steady amount of weight over a gradual amount of time. In this way the body is able to maintain health and slowly use its stored fuel without feeling like it is being starved.
- Be kind to your body by staying proactive with health issues
* Don’t forget to see your doctor yearly and before beginning any exercise program
* And Remember slow steady progress is the way to permanent weight loss and a healthy body.
Do you have a weight loss story? If so, I want to hear about it!