by callkayla | Dec 26, 2014 | Blog
Thank you all for being part of my world!
As the year 2014 comes to an end I hope that you’ve accomplished some of the things you set out to do.The end of the year is a great time to review the past so you can plan for the future.Are you ready to take your health to another level?
Have you been daydreaming about getting your body in great physical shape? Seriously, can you even think
of a better way to go out with the old and begin with the new in 2015?
I promise you everything else in your life will get better if you begin with your health first! Personally, my plan is
always to step up my game each year because I don’t want any regrets. How about you?
I live by this serenity prayer, which gives me strength and I wanted to share it with you:
GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY to accept the things I can’t change,
COURAGE to change the things I can and WISDOM to know the difference.
Find your strength in 2015 and move forward.
YOU DESERVE IT!
My Secrets on how to: Burn Fat Faster and Transform Your Life Forever!
“Sometimes your power and strength comes through others by way of support and guidance, but you
are the ultimate decision maker.” Make the decision today and you can be on your way to changing your life forever!
by callkayla | Jan 24, 2012 | Blog
Physical activity is equally important for both grown ups and children if they want to lose or maintain their weight. A majority of kids spend more than 20 hours per week watching TV, on the web or playing video games which doesn’t leave much time for physical activity. And even though you give them a chance to do some physical activity, they often avoid it because it does not trigger their interest. So the best thing to do is include some of their favorite things in simple activities and it will sooner rather than later get your kids off the couch. For example, your kids will be exercising as well as loving the activity by just following some of these tips!
- Take the Dog for a walk: Kids love pets! A good way to turn this love for pets into a physical activity is to get them a dog. Prior to getting them the dog, make a deal with them that it’s their responsibility to take it on walks. You can add more fun to this activity by getting them a Frisbee, which will keep them involved in training the dog and meanwhile they’re burning calories.
- Leverage their Allowance: If your kids are into earning their allowance. Then it’s your best bet to convert this allowance earning into a physical activity. Give them allowance for performing chores that require physical work, such as mowing the lawn, raking leaves, or even a car wash! What persuades kids is the outcome of the activity, and when the outcome is monetary or something tangible, then they are sure to love the activity and perform it every now and then.
- Lead by Example: Kids usually learn from their elders, and try to relate to their older family members. So if you are a parent and are into fitness chances are that your kid will also turn out to be a fitness conscious person. What you could do is to indulge them in your activities. Like when you go for a walk in the evening take your kid with you, and on the way you can both chat about school stories or what happened in the day. It will make your parent-child bond grow, and the kids will enjoy the walk.
- Theme parks: If you have an amusement park or even regular parks in your neighborhood then take your kids daily in the evening to play and mingle with kids of their own age. This will give them a chance to be both socially and physically active. Also, frequent trips to the zoo will definitely keep the kids moving!
- Shake a tail feather: Turn on the music and shake your body! Dancing is one of the most enjoyable and fascinating ways to burn calories. Get your kids to join you and make it a family dance, it does not need to be any specific kind of dance. Just let the kids enjoy it! As long as they keep moving your mission is being accomplished.
Children have very active minds, and this is the phase of life where you can turn them into a couch potato or a fitness fanatic. Parents can make all the difference in how they can be. Remember there are tons of other ways to get your child active that ride the line of fitness and leisure. So be creative, and most of all, have fun!
by callkayla | Jan 6, 2012 | Blog
Pregnancy is a sensitive issues when it comes to women and fitness. Weight conscious women tend to become even more conscious when they experience their body change. Not wanting to gain weight, they start working out — and sometimes without even consulting their doctor. Not consulting your physician and exercising during pregnancy can do more harm than good. So if you or someone you care about is thinking of implementing a work out routine during pregnancy, it is highly advised to consult your doctor to avoid any complications during pregnancy. Below are a few activities a woman should avoid during pregnancy.
- Exercises that involve lying or standing for a long time: After the first trimester, exercises such as sit-ups which involve lying on the back for a longtime should cease. Also activities that involve standing motionless should be discontinued until after the pregnancy. These activities decrease the flow of blood to uterus and also drop your heart rate.
- Exercises that impact breathing: Women, who are used to lifting light weights previously, can continue during pregnancy. But heavy lifting is prohibited. This type of strain disrupts breathing and irregularity in breathing directly affects the oxygen supply to your baby. Similarly, scuba diving is probably not a good idea either.
- Exercise with a risk of falling: Women who have been working out regularly before pregnancy, should re-consider their exercise routine. All activities that have a risk of falling down should be avoided. For instance, biking, skiing and horseback riding should be strictly avoided because of the high risk.
- Activities which can cause Trauma: Activities with flying objects or sports with the possibility of blunt contact are not for pregnant women. It is definitely better to be a distant and shielded spectator during these events. One can never be too cautious in situations that risk accidental impact on the abdominal area. So ladies let me say this loud and clear – “No more roller derby for you for a while!”
- Avoid exercise in hot climate: Heat and humidity can cause Mommy to overheat. Your rising body temperature is dangerous for the baby. Ask your doctor but he/she should tell you the limits on your heart rate range during pregnancy. Each woman is different.
- High Altitudes: Exercising at high altitudes above 6000ft during pregnancy is not advised because it reduces the oxygen flow to your baby.
- High impact Movement: Activities that involve bouncing, jerking and twisting should be avoided. A pregnant woman’s joints naturally loosen up as her body prepares for child birth. These activities could cause the joints to strain, making them more prone to injury.
Once again, it is strictly advised that you consult your physician before committing to any kind of exercise during your pregnancy. The effects vary from female to female, an exercise which one could do with ease, can prove to be harmful for another. You and your baby’s reactions are connected to factors such as physique, genetics, and medical history of the female. So relax ladies! Your doctor will let you know what type of gain is normal and tell you some exercises that are healthy for you during this process. Congratulations to all the New Mommies and babies!
by callkayla | Oct 11, 2011 | Blog
Do you feel the urge to reach for things in the refrigerator when it gets dark? Even though you’ve had a fulfilling dinner but still you can’t resist the temptation of eating late at night. It’s one of the worst dilemmas which diet conscious individuals face. Eating late at night is generally not due to hunger, but instead it could be due to things like boredom, fatigue or stress after a long day at work. Breaking this habit is tough enough but there are some things you can do that will help you rid yourself of late night eating forever.
Distract yourself: Usually late night eating is between your dinner and bed time. It’s really important during this time that you participate in what I call distracting activities. Do some activity, take your dog for a walk, read a good book or rest in a hot tub. Whatever you do just don’t sit idle or in front of the TV. Because sitting and doing nothing will trigger your urge for eating.
Eat Regular Meals: Most dieters eat three meals a day and try to resist the temptation of snacking between meals or after dinner. To keep your body working properly and remain satisfied eat three nutritiously balanced meals and two small snacks. In general people starve themselves by skipping meals because they got busy during the day or just got caught up for one reason or another. Then they compensate for it by indulging in late night eating. The important thing to remember is never to eat three hours before your bedtime.
by callkayla | Mar 25, 2010 | Diet/Healthy Eating, Fitness Tips
The vast majority of us that need to lose a little bit of weight would like to be able to lose it quickly. There are some dangers of fast weight loss, however, that need to be addressed whenever we decide to drop the pounds in this way. The unfortunate thing is, the temptation still exists and it is often prompted even further by those that are selling us the weight-loss products. Here are some of the dangers and why you should avoid losing weight quickly.
- First of all, fast weight loss often results in a rebound of weight gain. This is because we are not teaching ourselves healthy eating habits whenever we are losing weight quickly, and we are perhaps putting ourselves on a regime that is unsustainable.
- Fast weight loss also tends to take its toll on other parts of the body as well, such as the hair, skin and many of the internal organs. This could lead to further difficulties after the weight-loss has subsided.
- One of the other dangers of fast weight loss is that if you are losing a lot of weight, your skin may not be able to keep up with the weight-loss. This is often one of the biggest cosmetic issues with individuals who lose weight, and in many cases it is avoidable.
- Losing more than two pounds a week is generally not recommended and can be hazardous to your health unless you are under the direct guidance of a doctor.
- When you lose weight fast don’t be duped in thinking its all body fat. On the contrary, you are losing precious muscle and other bodily fluids. And trust me you do not want to lose muscle. It is what gobbles up the fat and keeps you going among other things. TV shows like “Big Loser” give many a false sense of reality.
Although it does take a bit more patience, you can avoid the dangers of fast weight loss by eating a healthy diet which maintains a calorie deficit and getting a reasonable amount of exercise. Although it may not be as exciting as losing weight quickly, it is something that can stick with you for the rest of your life.
by callkayla | Nov 16, 2009 | Wendy Ida
Welcome to my new adventures with blogging. I’m excited to talk and share more about the magic of how fitness can empower and change your life. You can keep up with what’s going on with me and by the same token I want to learn more about you.
I have received a lot of love from messages through email, facebook, myspace, U-tube, Newsletters etc. from fans, friends and family and others. I appreciate them all.
This blog is my way to channel all of that energy to one area. That way it gives us all focus, purpose and assistance. Also, I am less likely to feel crazy.
I look forward to more of your comments, suggestions and any other input that can help, encourage and empower others. We are in this together. You me and the powers that be. Right?
Do you feel empowered?