by callkayla | Jan 18, 2012 | Blog
Even without being a doctor or health industry professional, it’s not hard to understand the relationship between overeating and health disorders. It’s easy to look around during your day and find evidence of the nation’s growing obesity epidemic to understand what happens when you over consume in general. On a smaller scale we wonder about the over consumption of just certain kinds of foods? What happens when you overdo it with sweets?
- Sugar: There are all kinds of health issues related to over consumption of sugar. Diabetes would be the number one health concern. But, diabetes is not the only ill effect from over consumption of sugar. Obesity, thyroid dysfunction, kidney malfunction, and intestinal problems can all be directly associated with too much sugar consumption.
- Alcohol: What about too much alcohol? The ravaging effects of alcoholism are a continual struggle and medical expense to many companies and citizens in this country, and indeed the whole world. Lost youth, liver problems, brain deterioration, the speeding of other age-related diseases are all side affects of too much alcohol consumption.
- Malnutrition: Then, we can talk about the effects of eating too little. What happens when we do not consume what we need to maintain our health? Gum disease, heart disease, muscle deterioration, vision loss, and anorexia occur when we do not get the necessary food our body needs.
To remedy the imbalances in our nutrition, you can take supplements. Even when we can’t consume enough actual food, we can supplement the vitamins and minerals our bodies need in order to maintain some healthy functioning. You have only to walk down the aisle at your local supermarket or pharmacy to discover that there has been a vitamin revolution. Every possible vitamin and mineral needed by the body is available in capsule, pill, tablet, or powder form.
Once your body has reached the point of unhealthy function, or you have placed such a strain on your body from over consumption that one of the related diseases has taken hold, it’s almost impossible to correct one problem without creating another. Once you have become a diabetic, there are so many complications, that simply choosing to diet and exercise is no longer an option. The health concerns you now have far outweigh the easy solution of diet and exercise. Can you begin to see how important maintaining your health is to your quality of life and how important it is to the lives of your loved ones? Your choices directly affect their quality of life too. Make every effort to maintain your health. You owe it to your children and other family and especially yourself.
by callkayla | Feb 10, 2010 | Diet/Healthy Eating
There are a lot of Cleanses out there. They all work a little differently. Some folks start with a juice cleanse which is a mild way to start out. Others have done the lemon cleanse which is a little more challenging. I’ve done both. There are many others to choose from however. The type of cleanse that may be right for you depends on you and your life style. They all have different elements and timing factors. If it’s your first time do a little research then start with something mild that will fit your lifestyle then slowly make changes along the way.
I’d love to know what works for you. Keep in touch and let me know what you found. You can post your comment right here.
by callkayla | Feb 4, 2010 | Diet/Healthy Eating
Can you guess what the most important part of your body is? Mouth–feet–butt? The answer is… none of these. It’s a team effort. While it’s important to eat, it’s equally important to safely eliminate foods. The digestive system impacts the entire body.
Do you clean your body on the inside as well as you do on the outside? Many foods that we ingest have traces of pesticides and/or heavy metals in them which create toxins in your body. Improper elimination habits as well as environmental elements contribute to the toxin problem. And if your wondering why you can’t get rid of those extra pounds around the belly, blame it on the processed foods and frequent dining at fast food restaurants. Overall toxins wreak havoc on the body and can create disease.
Some of the typical signs and symptoms of bad eating and elimination problems are: Fatigue, Gas or bloating, constipation, diarrhea, skin problems and even depression.
Cleanse/detox the body. There are many methods and programs that you can use to accomplish this. If necessary consult a holistic doctor to properly guide you.
– A cleanse one to four times a year — Ideally at the start of each season change.
– Find one that fits with your lifestyle and one you can maintain.
– Begin anew by replacing one bad food for a good one after your cleanse.
– Eat more organic fruits and vegetables whenever possible
– Eat a big meal the day before you begin your cleanse.
– Use body cleansing as a dieting tool.
– Return to bad eating habits. Subsequent to each cleanse make small life changes.
When you cleanse your body from the inside, it will begin to heal itself from things you have yet to realize are happening to you. But also, you can feel a difference! Think about it. Don’t you feel a lot better when you bathe?
Allow your body to do what it was born to do. That is…Heal itself with proper care. Cleanse your inside body – Go back to your roots & eat live foods – Then let the healing process begin!