We are all guilty of following our favorite celebrities on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more. Some of my personal favorites happen to be over 40 and still very active. In fact, they are kicking up a storm and pushing past many obstacles. It is obvious that “Age is Not a Factor for them and they are not going down without a fight! How cool is that. Here are some…
America is obsessed with celebrities, whether we like it or not. And while there are plenty of articles out there about the crazy, outlandish, and bad things celebs do, I think it’s important to note that there really are numerous celebrities that can inspire us to greater things.
Let me give a shout out to my short list of celebs that prove you don’t have to sit down and take it anymore after 40, 50, 60 or 70 for that matter.
- Angela Bassett 57 – Not only is she a powerful actress with numerous standout roles, but she’s a strong woman emotionally, mentally, and physically. Her fitness is well known, and she works hard to stay in the best shape possible.
- Jennifer Lopez 46 – Here’s my ‘girl crush’, and in a big way. She had found serious success throughout her life and has risen to where she is through her fire and determination. She’s always striving for perfection in everything she does – from her art to her business to raising her twins as a single mom.
- Cheryl Crow 54 – Cheryl Crow is a breast cancer survivor, and she says that her diagnosis helped her realize that disease can be related to your lifestyle and how much stress you place yourself under. She’s a key example of why having balance in your life is so important.
- Jennifer Hudson 34 – I know she’s only 34, but … few celebrities have overcome everything that Jennifer has. She struggled to find success, being constantly told she’d never find it – but now she’s one of the most recognized singers and actresses out there. Along the way, she lost a tremendous amount of weight, got in shape, and overcame major tragedy when her family was murdered. Simply put, she has beat the odds in a big way. All of this puts her in the over 40 category.
- Honorable Mentions – Cher 70 & Tina Turner 76. They are simply FABULOUS! Need I say more!
Talk about inspiration – These women are living it. They are living out loud in spite of age. They are leading by example, and can show you how to find your own success as well.
What celebs do you follow and why? Leave a comment!
Today is the last day to enter my birthday sweepstakes! Have you entered?