As we all know, stress can be seriously dangerous for our mental and physical health. From increased risk of heart attack to depression, stress can play a major role in our wellbeing. And the holiday season can be the most stressful.
While I know that it can be difficult to entirely eliminate stress, it is possible to reduce it to a more manageable level. Here are some tips worth remembering.
• Shop Early – Getting your holiday shopping done as soon as possible is a great way to avoid the stress that comes from last minute shopping and dealing with crowds.
• Go Online – Believe it or not, Black Friday has become more hype than anything else. You can get deals just as good online, without having to wait in the cold for stores to open. Shop smart and you’ll avoid stress significantly.
• Be With Friends – The holidays are about being with those you love. Spend time with friends and family instead of spending all of your time with those who don’t truly care about you. It will help your mental health in a big way.
• Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff – When something comes up, take a second to think about it before you let your emotions get the best of you. Is it really something that’s worth being stressed about and worrying with? If not, try to move past it quickly.
• Learn to Relax – Whether it’s meditation for a half hour a day or just relaxing with a good book, give yourself a few minutes each day to recharge the mind, body, and spirit. Relaxation can help de-stress you in a significant way.
These are just a few simple tips for keeping stress levels down this holiday season, but they’re sure to help make the holidays more enjoyable for you.
How do you plan to destress this holiday season? Let me know here!
Premier Coaching Program!