Why Your Body Needs Detoxification
A true body detoxification will really benefit your overall health, and it is a practice that I recommend everyone engage in. There are plenty of unknown ingredients that we come in contact with, on a daily basis, that work to destroy our bodies. Whether we know it or not, we are all victims and offenders of this harm to our bodies. On the flip side, though, there are several ways one can overcome these negative effects. Below, I offer insight to the objectives of detoxification, and the key rewards it delivers.
Objectives of Detoxification: Our body’s main detoxification organs and systems are the liver, colon, kidneys, gallbladder, lungs, skin, lymph, and blood. They help rid the body of waste and toxins. However, our systems were designed when the world was a less polluted place. Nowadays, with a much more toxic and polluted world, our bodies are forced to work a lot harder to rid the exponentially increased waste and toxins. Once upon a time, most toxins were still from a natural source. Unfortunately, there are many man made substances that shock our systems even further.
Here’s a scenario: Imagine overworked employers who are not provided with enough food to sustain their energy and focus. This would definitely tire them out and their efficient and effective work performance will drop. This leads to work not completed on schedule or even worse – undone. We are treating our organs the same way when we don’t offer them the break they need or provide them with the proper nutrition to function at their best. This is where detoxification comes in.
Benefits of Detoxification:
- Cleaner Organs: Another major effect of a detoxification process is that our organs will be cleaner. Not many people think about the fact that our colon, kidneys, liver, as well as many of the other organs we have, do rigorous work day in and day out.
- Clears The Mind: Once our physical bodies become detoxified then our mind becomes clear and we can think and engage in mental activity better than we could before. All of these things will help us do whatever work we need to engage in throughout the week.
- Overcome Body Odor: Many people don’t realize that body odor can indicate the need for cleansing and detoxification is able to overcome it. Certain fragrances and deodorants can mask the problem but through cleansing, you can remove the problem from the inside out.
Besides the above mentioned key benefits, there are several other benefits of detoxification. Here are a few:
- Reform your lifestyle addictions to sugar, salt, high glycemic carbohydrates, alcohol, junk foods, nicotine, etc
- You purify your blood
- It improves your Immune function
- Cleansing scavenges free radicals and eliminates toxins. It strengthens your body’s fight against cancer cells and generates healthy cells in your body
- You cleanse mucous, congestion, fermentation and inflammation in your digestive tract
All these benefits are yours for the taking. Just remember, every now and then, just like cars, humans need a tune up to run efficiently. There are several detox methods out there. It’s usually a great idea to consult a physician before any intense change in your diet or routine. Also, if you experience pain or nausea during a cleanse, discontinue it immediately and consult your doctor. Whatever you do, or however you do it, cleansing your system is a must.