You may think just beacuse you are always traveling that you don’t have time for exercise or have the time to eat healthy. That is where you are wrong! Here are my tips for staying healthy even while you are on the road.
Today, I wanted to take a minute to talk to the traveling professionals out there. I know firsthand that when you’re constantly on the road, it can be hard to keep your fitness where it should be. Not only is it harder to maintain a good diet, but also exercise can be difficult to fit into a busy schedule when you’re on the road.
But it is possible, and even simple if you remember a few basic things. Let me take a second to give you a handful of tips that can help:
• Stay in hotels with a gym or workout room. Just being able to jump on a treadmill for 20 minutes can be a big benefit for your fitness regimen.
• No gym? No problem. You can still do some basic cardio workouts without having a gym. Take a few key exercises like jumping jacks, in-place jogging, crunches, push-ups, and more and create a ‘travel friendly’ workout routine you can do right in your hotel room.
• Always find ways to get active. If your meeting is a few blocks from the hotel, can you walk instead of taking a taxi? What about using the stairs instead of the elevator? Find the right way to get active, even if it’s not a full blown workout.
I know it’s tough to stay active, but you can exercise even if you’re on the road constantly. You just have to put your body and mind to it that’s all. After a while it will be as easy as pie. 🙂
Happy travels and talk to you soon!
Do you have any creative ways to get your workout in while traveling? Let me know by leaving me a comment!
Just because you are a busy mom, doesn’t mean you can’t make time for yourself. Remember staying active and healthy isn’t only good for you but it is good for your children in the long run.
I want to acknowledge the modern moms. These moms are heroes to put it simply and they have a lot of different things to manage throughout their day.
During the whirlwind of activity, however, it can be difficult to focus on getting fit, losing weight or keeping yourself all put together. It’s very possible to do if you put your mind to it though. Consider some of these tips that can assist you in the process:
• Find the time! If the baby is taking a nap, it’s a perfect time for a quick yoga session or a few minutes on the exercise bike. You just need to give yourself the tools to workout, and remember that you only need 20 minutes or so a day to devote to exercise.
• Be sure to focus on your diet. It can be easy to lose sight of your goals and resort to unhealthy meals or snacks, but things like eating plenty of veggies and fruits for snacks and pre-making a week’s worth of meals can simplify things.
• Remember that lots of things during your day can help you lose weight. Whether it’s parking further away from the store or taking the stairs, identifying little steps that can contribute to your overall fitness is important.
Simply put, busy moms have a lot to manage. But that doesn’t mean that you have to give up on your fitness and wellbeing goals.
Try these simple tips, and watch what happens. You will feel better, sleep better and handle your day better and guess what?!…baby will love you for it! 🙂
Talk to you soon!
Moms, what do you do to stay active? Leave me a comment.
As you get older you may want to slow down on exercising, but you shouldn’t! It is incredibly important to your health and well being to stay active. Don’t sit and ponder on it anymore. Just get up and get moving!
As we age, our bodies can go through a variety of changes. From major ones to seemingly minor issues, those changes can often try to slow us down. But for those over 40 years of age, it’s still incredibly important to keep on exercising.
The obvious reason is simple – exercising helps to reduce the risks of numerous health issues including:
• Heart Disease
• Alzheimer’s Disease
• And much more
In addition to reducing your chances of developing serious health issues, exercising regularly can also help improve and maintain good mobility, flexibility, and balance. The boost to your self-esteem and energy is unmatched as well.
Simply put, you need to keep focused on exercising throughout your life. Just because you hit 40 doesn’t mean you need to stop. You have a long future ahead of you, and regular exercise will keep you moving forward in the best shape possible.
What are your reasons to keep exercising? Leave me a comment!